Get everything you need for multimedia processing with Adobe’s suite of apps for desktop and mobile, including Android support.
Adobe just launched a milestone release of its flagship Adobe Creative Cloud tools and services. The 2015 release of Creative Cloud includes major updates to Adobe’s industry-defining desktop tools, including Photoshop CC, Illustrator CC, Premiere Pro CC and InDesign CC; as well as new connected mobile apps for iOS and Android. In addition, Adobe announced an expanded Creative Cloud enterprise offering that includes enterprise-grade administration, security, collaboration and publishing services for design-driven brands, businesses and large organizations.
Since Creative Cloud was introduced in 2012, Adobe has championed the idea that mobile devices should be integral to the creative process, with free companion mobile apps working seamlessly with CC desktop tools. Adobe today released Brush CC, Shape CC, Color CC and Photoshop Mix on Android for the first time, bringing connected mobile workflows to millions of creatives worldwide. Adobe has also updated many of its popular Creative Cloud mobile apps for iPhone and iPad, includingAdobe Comp CC, Photoshop Mix, Photoshop Sketch, Illustrator Draw, Brush CC, Shape CC and Color CC.
In addition to these updates Adobe debuted Adobe Hue CC today. Hue CC provides an easy way to capture and share production-quality lighting and colour schemes — for video, film and broadcast — by using an iPhone camera and then applying these light and colour moods into a Premiere Pro CC or After Effects CC project.
“The 2015 release of Creative Cloud is packed with innovation. Our CreativeSync technology deepens the connections between desktop apps and mobile apps on iOS and Android; and major updates to Creative Cloud’s infrastructure and administrative capabilities makes this an essential upgrade for enterprise customers,” said David Wadhwani, senior vice president, Digital Media at Adobe. “Creative Cloud 2015 is our most powerful and comprehensive release to date.”
“We know that companies that foster creativity are 3.5 times more likely to outperform their peers in terms of revenue growth, based on Forrester’s Creative Dividends research released late last year,” said Paul Robson, president, Adobe Asia Pacific. “The research also revealed that more creative companies enjoy greater market share and competitive leadership than their counterparts. Among the leaders in market share, creative companies tend to outperform their less creative counterparts by a factor of 1.5. Adobe continues to develop technology and services to help companies, educational institutions, governments and creative professionals realise their creative vision.”
According to the Nielsen Cross-Platform Report released in December 2014, more Filipinos are now using multiple screens to simultaneously engage with various media. Another study released by Cisco noted how working on multiple devices has given rise to the “Supertaskers” or Millennials who are able use multiple tools to accomplish various tasks at the same time. With this rising trend on cross-platform viewing and supertasking, today’s creative workers now demand more flexible work arrangements and it becomes necessary for businesses to provide technologies that allow seamless access and collaboration among various work devices.
At the heart of Creative Cloud is Adobe CreativeSync, a signature technology that intelligently syncs creative assets: files, photos, fonts, vector graphics, brushes, colours, settings, metadata and more. With CreativeSync, assets are instantly available, in the right format, wherever designers need them — across desktop, web and mobile apps. Available exclusively in Creative Cloud, CreativeSync means work can be kicked-off in any connected Creative Cloud mobile app or CC desktop tool; picked up again later in another; and finished in the designer’s favourite CC desktop software.
Desktop Tools Take Giant Leap Forward
With the 2015 release of Creative Cloud, Adobe magic and Mercury performance provide speed and technology breakthroughs across 15 CC desktop applications, including:
- Celebrating its 25th anniversary this year, Photoshop CC introduces Artboards, the best way to design cross-device user experiences in a single Photoshop document and quickly preview them on a device; and a preview release of Photoshop Design Space, a sleek new work environment focused on the needs of mobile app and web site designers.
- Lightroom CC and Photoshop CC both gain the new Dehaze feature, which appeared first as a MAX sneak in October 2014. Dehaze, eliminates fog and haze from photos, including underwater shots, for startlingly clear images. Haze can also be added to a photo for artistic effect.
- Premiere Pro CC furthers its lead in the market with the addition of the Lumetri Color panel for powerful colour corrections using intuitive sliders and other simple controls; and Morph Cut, which makes it easier to deliver polished interview content by smoothing out jump cuts in talking-head shots to create a cohesive, polished sequence.
- After Effects CC now has Uninterrupted Preview to allow artists to adjust a composition’s properties and even resize panels without impacting playback. Also, the ground-breaking Adobe Character Animator brings 2D figures to life using a webcam to track facial movements, record dialog and apply movements in real time onto a pre-configured character.
- Illustrator CC is now 10 times faster and 10 times more precise than CS6. Powered by dramatic boosts to its Mercury Performance Engine, users can now pan and zoom smoothly without delays. With the new Chart tool (preview), designers can also create beautiful custom charts and share them with others via CC Libraries.
- InDesign CC gets its own Mercury performance surge with zooming, scrolling, and paging through complex documents now twice as fast. InDesign now also allows users to publish and distribute documents with a single click.
- Dreamweaver CC has new responsive web design capabilities that let designers quickly lay out and build production-ready sites that adapt to any screen size.
- Adobe Muse now includes instant access to premium fonts from Typekit.
- And much, much more. Additional updates to these and other CC desktop applications make this one of Adobe’s biggest releases in years.
Creative Cloud Enabling the Digital Transformation of Enterprises
Major enhancements to Creative Cloud for enterprise were also announced today: a solution for large commercial, education and government customers who must radically speed the development and publishing of customer experiences, as part of their digital transformation strategies. This edition includes all the product features from today’s Creative Cloud 2015 release, plus expanded security options and deep connections with Adobe Digital Publishing Solution (DPS) and Adobe Marketing Cloud. Two new security capabilities ensure protection of corporate assets, including customer-managed encryption keys and a new managed service hosting option, which offers dedicated storage behind a customer’s firewall. Creative Cloud for enterprise also supports an upcoming release of DPS, empowering existing teams in organizations to rapidly design and publish mobile apps without writing code. A public beta of this major update to DPS is available this weeks, with more information available at http://blogs.adobe.com/digitalpublishing/dps2015-sea. Content from Creative Cloud for enterprise also syncs with Adobe Experience Manager (AEM), a key component of Adobe Marketing cloud, to accelerate marketing campaigns by streamlining creative-to-marketing workflows.
Adobe Stock Content Service Launched, With Deep Creative Cloud Integration
The company also announced Adobe Stock, the industry’s first stock content service to be integrated directly into the creative process and the tools creatives use every day. Adobe Stock, a new stock service, makes 40 million photos, vector graphics and illustrations accessible directly within CC desktop apps. Adobe also announced it will offer industry-leading rates to photographers and designers contributing content to Adobe Stock. Adobe Stock is available now in 36 countries and 13 languages worldwide, including the US, UK, Australia and Japan. It is expected to be introduced in the Philippines in the near future.
Pricing and Availability
Today’s updates to CC desktop and mobile apps are immediately available for download by Creative Cloud members as part of their membership at no additional cost. Membership plans are available for individuals, students, teams, educational institutions, government agencies and enterprises. For pricing details, visit: https://creative.adobe.com/plans. For details of the new features and capabilities launched today visit: https://www.adobe.com/sea/creativecloud.html.