Budding storytellers! ASUS’ “Directed By You” contest is for you. The contest will involve fans submitting short stories; the selected stories will then form the plot of three video ads to be produced by groups of professional filmmakers, shot using the ZenFone 3.
HOW IT WORKS:
- Participation: To help create the new series of ZenFone 3 video ads, participants from the Philippines and other selected participating countries are advised to follow these instructions:
- Visit the “Directed By You”: website at asus.com/event/directedbyyou/ph
- For a period of three weeks starting from November 8th 2016, participants can submit story ideas with two conditions: stories must be kept within a 200 character limit and must contain a “daily key word” that relates to the topic of the week.
- Weekly topics: Each video ad in the series will focus on a key topic regarding the ZenFone 3 and will be composed of stories contributed from a single week. The three topics are photography, entertainment and gaming.
- Daily Prize: A ZenFone 3 will be given as a daily prize for the best entry of the day
- User generated video ad: In addition to winning a ZenFone 3, the participants who submit the best entries of each day will have their ideas turned into a curated storyline and turned into the plot for a video ad that will be created by groups of prominent influencers who will either direct or act in them.
Each week will have their own topics, with a different group of pros to produce each week’s ad:
Week 1: Photography – Ritesh Uttamchandani (award-winning Indian Photgrapher) and Varun Chopra (youngest independent cinematographer/director to feature at Cannes).
Week 2: Entertainment – MANSON (prolific group of Barcelona-based directors) and Dycosh (French YouTube comedian).
Week 3: Gaming – Jan Mantanakorn (prolific Thai ad director, with cliets such as Honda, Shiseido and Unilever) and Mikey Bustos (Filipino-Canadian singer, songwriter, actor and comedian).