It’s been 10 years since players stepped off that bus in Pandora, guided by a digital woman and a slightly deranged robot. The October 20, 2014 release of the original Borderlands marked a fresh new look for the looter shooter genre of FPS/action games. It had a host of unique and quirky characters, tight gameplay, and loot – everything was about the loot.
Fast forward 10 years later and Borderlands 3 just came out with a lot of new tweaks to the classic, and Vault Hunters old and new have new loot to collect. And since October is the release month of the original game, Borderlands is itching to just celebrate the momentous occasion.
Vault Hunters in Borderlands 3 will enjoy weekly content throughout the month. Each week has a theme, and the 10th year birthday celebration kicked things off with Boss Week. Until October 8th, players can log in and go looting and shooting Borderlands 3 bosses and legendary loot have increased chances to drop.
Here’s the hit list for bosses for the week:
– Mouthpiece has an increased chance to drop Gatling Gun
– KillaVolt has an increased chance to drop Brainstormer
– Gigamind has an increased chance to drop Nagata
– Katagawa Ball has an increased chance to drop Rectifier
– Katagawa has an increased chance to drop Legendary class mods (all Vault Hunters)
– Rampager has an increased chance to drop Kill-o’-the-Wisp
– Warden has an increased chance to drop Echo
– GenIVIV has an increased chance to drop Ten Gallon
– Aurelia has an increased chance to drop Creeping Death
– Graveward has an increased chance to drop Earworm
– Pain and Terror have an increased chance to drop Legendary class mods (all Vault Hunters)
– Troy has an increased chance to drop Nova Berner
– Tyreen has an increased chance to drop Bitch
The fun doesn’t stop there. each week, new themes will rotate in and players will have to keep their eyes peeled for the week’s specific set of tasks to accomplish in exchange for all that happy birthday loot.
Here’s a rundown of the weekly themes throughout October’s Borderlands anniversary celebration:
Week 1 (October 1-7): Bonus Boss Loot!
Week 2 (October 8-14): Rare Spawn Hunt!
Week 3 (October 15-21): Show Me the Eridium!
Week 4 (October 22-28): Mayhem on Twitch!
Week 5 (October 29 – November 4): Spooky Surprise!
To know what’s in store for Vault Hunters regarding the weekly content, check out the Borderlands website.
JD is the EIC of twenty8two. His life revolves around three Gs: Gadgets, Games, and Gear. He also likes pizza and tea.