The enhanced community quarantine is still in place, and that means a lot of our usual conveniences are restricted, especially when money is involved. ATMs are open, of course, but there are physical bank branches that have remained closed during the quarantine period.
Since we don’t know for how long the COVID-19 pandemic will actually last, getting familiar with digital methods of sending and receiving money is going to be the new – if temporary – norm. PayMaya users can easily send money to any point in the Philippines and relatives and even families of your kasamabahay in the province can remit them via Smart Padala. The process is easy!
- Check if the Smart Padala center near you is open and ask for their 16-digit account number.
- Log in to your PayMaya account and click Send Money.
- Enter the account number in the field provided, followed by the amount you wish to send to your recipient, then click “Continue”
- Review and verify the transaction details, then click “Send”
- To claim the money transfer, the recipient must proceed to the Smart Padala center you sent the funds to and present (1) valid ID, his/her mobile phone number, as well as the reference number of the transaction as proof.
IMPORTANT: To be able to send money to another PayMaya user or to a Smart Padala center, you must have an upgraded PayMaya account. This will also raise your monthly transaction limit to P100,000, from just P50,000 for non-upraded accounts.
To upgrade your account, simply click the “Upgrade My Account” button in the menu, fill in the required details, and upload any of the following IDs for fast and seamless review and approval of your application: Driver’s License, Passport, UMID, Postal ID, SSS ID, or PRC license.
Make sure that you have also entered the same full name and birthdate details as reflected in the ID that you uploaded, and that the photo of the ID is clear and unobstructed.
Meanwhile, for those who want to send money to other banks, they can do so by clicking the “Bank Transfer” button in the PayMaya app. The transfer fees for this service have been waived until further notice.