A few months ago, Moto came back to the country with three smartphone lines, namely the Moto E, G, and Z families. Moto’s G4 Plus is their midrange option, and it is certainly a capable phone. Though it might not catch everyone’s eyes; it has an all-plastic body when the trend right now is to use more premium materials. Now, Moto has launched their newer and more premium midranger, the all-metal Moto M.
The new Moto M is certainly a looker, with its full-metal body which comes in either gold or gray. Much like the G4 Plus, it has a 5.5” Full HD display, and it runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow. It has a slightly bigger battery (3,050mAh compared to 3,000mAh for the G4 Plus), and supports fast charging, which can deliver hours of power in a few minutes of charging.
The Moto M is powered by a MediaTek Helio P15 processor, along with having up to 4GB of RAM, which means day-to-day performance should be smooth. As for storage, it has 32GB onboard, and is expandable up to 128GB.
As for its cameras, the Moto M sports a 16MP rear shooter and an 8MP selfie camera. It’s also equipped with a dynamic Correlated Color Temperature (CCT) dual LED flash, which automatically adjusts for natural-looking and consistent colors. The Moto M’s camera app also features a Pro mode, which gives manual control over white balance, focus, shutter speed, ISO, and exposure compensation. For selfies, the Moto M has numerous filters and a beautification mode, de rigeur for smartphones nowadays.
The Moto M’s other features include an ultra-fast fingerprint sensor found at the back, compared to other Moto phones with fingerprint sensors at the front. It also has a water-repellent nano-coating, which will protect the phone from light spills and splashes.
Moto M Specs
- OPERATING SYSTEM – AndroidTM 6.0.1, Marshmallow
- DIMENSIONS – 151.35 x 75.35 x 7.85mm, 165g
- PROCESSOR – 64-bit MTK Helio P15 octa-core 2.2GHz CPU
- STORAGE (ROM) – 32 with microSD Card support (up to 128GB)
- MEMORY (RAM) – 4GB
- DISPLAY – 13.97cm (5.5) Full HD (1920X1080) IPS LCD 401 PPI
- BATTERY – Built-in 3050mAh battery with 10W rapid charge support
- WATER PROTECTION – Water repellent nano-coating
- REAR CAMERA – 16MP (f/2.0), PDAF, Dual CCT Flash, ZSL, Digital Zoom, Touch Focus, Face Detection, Panorama, Auto-HDR
- FRONT CAMERA – 8MP, Beautification Mode
- SIM CARD – Dual nano SIM
- CONNECTIVITY – USB-C port, 3.5mm headset jack
- BLUETOOTH® TECHNOLOGY – Bluetooth® version 4.1 LE
- WI–FI – Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi hotspot
- SPEAKERS / MICROPHONE – 1 speaker, 2 mics for noise cancellation
- VIDEO CAPTURE – 480p (30fps) 720p (30fps), 1080p (30fps)
- AUDIO – Dolby Atmos® audio enhancement
- AUTHENTICATION -Fingerprint reader
- BASE COLOR – Gold, Gray
The Moto M in gold is now available in Moto stores, select MemoXpress and Silicon Valley outlets, and Lazada for PHP14,999. The Moto M will also be available in dark gray starting the second week of March.