AMD has released another update for the Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition, adding support for Oculus and SteamVR, along with some fixes for bugs/technical issues.
Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.4.1 Highlights
- Support for Oculus’ Asynchronous Spacewarp (ASW) on Radeon R9 Fury series, Radeon R9 390 series and Radeon R9 290 series graphics products. ASW compares previously rendered frames, detects the motion between them, and extrapolates the position of scene components to create a new synthetic frame. This technology helps avoid dropped frames and can provide an overall smoother VR experience on the Oculus Rift.
- Support for SteamVR Asynchronous Reprojection on Radeon RX 480 and Radeon RX 470 graphics products on Microsoft Windows 10. Asynchronous Reprojection reduces judder to provide an overall smoother and more comfortable VR experience on the HTC Vive.
Support for the following display technologies:
- DP1.4 HBR3 Support
- 8K 60Hz dual cable support
- 8K 30Hz single cable support
- Display flickering may be experienced on some AMD FreeSync displays when running applications in windowed borderless fullscreen.
- Radeon Settings install may become stuck or unresponsive when doing a driver upgrade through Radeon Settings.
- Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon® Wildlands may experience poor Multi GPU scaling on some Multi GPU enabled system configurations.
- Surprise unplug of an AMD XConnect™ technology system after Radeon Software installation may cause a system hang.