In case you missed it, the Fall Guys Mid Season update went live last week, and it’s all about hammers for the most part.
The ‘Big Yeetus and Anti-Cheetus’ update went live last week for players of all platforms. Combining in-game improvements and a reaction to the cheaters in game, the Fall Guys mid season update promises to put a bit more challenge in the game as well as punish cheaters who have been plaguing the game since launch, especially on the PC.
Fall Guys Mid Season Update: Hammers Galore
The big things about the Fall Guys Mid Season Update is the inclusion of floating hammers that will randomly appear at a stage. As the ‘Big Yeetus’ in the update’s moniker states, unfortunate jelly beans (the in-game persona players adopt in Fall Guys) caught by these revolving hammers are yeeted clear across the map.
The ‘Anti Cheetus’ part of the update deals with the banning of players who have manipulated the code of the game. As an example, cheaters will enable the ability to jump up multiple times, allowing them to completely bypass the rules of Hex-A-Gone. By keeping themselves in the air, the cheater merely needs to wait until all players have fallen to the slime below the hexagonal tiles. Known cheats also include faster movement speed and the ability to fly over obstacles.
Mediatonic implemented Epic’s Anti-Cheat engine as an added feature to block the entry of cheaters in the game, as this improvement will automatically detect and ban users having cheat codes in their game. Talk about laying down the ban hammer.
The Fall Guys Mid Season Update also features a few quality of life updates, including the ability to bind moves to mouse buttons (grab, dive, etc.) as well as the inclusion of changes to obstacles encountered in different rounds to add more variety to the game.
Big Yeetus and Anti Cheetus Patch Notes
- New anti-cheating system for PC
- Added ability to bind game actions to mouse buttons
- Objects in certain rounds will now have dynamic variations from one playthrough to the next, including new objects entirely. We plan to expand this system in the future to more rounds
- Big Yeetus (hammers now appear in stages)
- Improved stability when progressing from one round to another, there should be less disconnections in the qualification screen and round loading now
- Fall Ball timer down to 120 seconds from 150
- Lowered Min Player Counts for some levels to increase round variety
The game continues to make headlines not just for gamers, but also for potential collaborators, and just last month, strong rumors of a mobile version may be happening to the game. The Fall Guys Mid Season Update is just a teaser of what’s to come, as MediaTonic also announced that the second season of the game will be medieval-themed from new levels to unlockable costumes.