The much awaited ZenFone for this year is here. The ZenFone 3 was officially released to the Philippines during the Zenvolution event last August 14 of 2016 and a lot of people are asking and they are very curious as to how this phone performs and the pricing scheme ASUS used.
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 MSM8953 Quad-core 2.0 GHz
- RAM: 4GB
- ROM: 64GB / MicroSD Slot (up to 256GB)
- Display: 5.5-in FHD Super IPS+ LCD 1920×1080 (401 ppi) via Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- GPU: Adreno 506
- Front Camera: 8 MP f/2.0 with Wide Angle Lens
- Rear Camera: 16 MP f/2.0 with Tri-Tech Auto Focus System, Axis OIS, Axis EIS 4 and Dual Tone LED Flash
- Battery: 3000 mAh Lithium Polymer
- Network / Wireless Connectivity: 802.11a/b/g/n/ac (Dual-band) Bluetooth v4.2, A2DP, EDR, LE
- SIM: Dual 3G, HSPA+, LTE / Dual Sim Active (Nano-SIM/ Micro-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Connectivity: USB v2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Sensors: Fingerprint/G-Sensor/E-Compass/Gyroscope/Proximity/Ambient Light Sensor/GPS/GLONASS
- OS: Android Marshmallow 6.0 with ZenUI 3.0
- Dimensions: 152.6 x 77.4 x 7.7 mm
- Weight: 155 grams
- Colors: Sapphire Black, Moonlight White, Shimmer Gold
It’s Unboxing Time!
Take Note: This is a Female USB Type C Port. Not a lightning bolt port same as Apple.
This is a USB Type C Cable Male Port
Protection before getting into action! Bought this ZenFone 3 5.5″ Ringke Case for P550.
Here’s a quick unboxing video to show how it is done.
Asus Zenfone 3 Introduction Video
Wandered off for a little to see how the camera department of ZenFone 3 performs.
We found that the camera’s signature is bright and crisp. Taking photos outdoors with no direct sunlight was cakewalk for the ZenFone 3. The colors stand out despite the gloomy weather. Check back for a full review where we (hopefully) get all possible lighting conditions to test the phone’s camera with, especially during a sunny day.
Taking things at face value, the ZenFone 3 is a great departure from last generation’s model. This smartphone is sleek and looks very refined. The jutting rear camera can be an annoyance, especially for people who like their phones laying flat on tables, but that is a minor annoyance when one considers the power underneath the screen.
Check back for our full review of this sleek but beastly device soon!