Last Monday, Xiaomi Unveiled Mi4i to the public and they will be releasing units for sale via Lazada and offline shops around Metro Manila.
Before I get to the unboxing and my initial thoughts, here’s a spec refresher:
- Processor: 1.7GHz 2nd Generation Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 quad-core CPU
- RAM: 2GB LPDDR3
- Display: 5-inch 1920 x 1080 Sharp / JDI Display IPS display, 441ppi
- Screen glass: Corning Concore Glass
- Storage: 16GB Internal Storage
- Front Camera: 5MP front camera 5-element lens, F/1.8 aperture
- Rear Camera: 13MP Sony Sensor, F/2.0 aperture
- Sim: Dual-SIM, Dual-Standby, Dual-LTE
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+
- WiFi: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac wave 2 include MU- MIMO, supports 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 4.0
- USB Connectivity: Micro USB / USB OTG
- GPS: GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS (BeiDou Navigation Satellite System)
- Sensors: Electronic compass, Light sensor, Gravity sensor, Gyroscope. Proximity Sensor, Hall sensor
- OS: Android 5 Lollipop via MIUI 6
- Battery: 3120mAh battery
- Dimensions: 138.1 x 69.6 x 7.8mm
- Colors Available: White, Green, Yellow, Pink & Dark Grey
Now we proceed to the unboxing event! Mi Penguin Demands!
Just like the last time Xiaomi kept the packaging simple and eco-friendly. As you open the box, the bare essentials greet you: wall adapter, USB cable for syncing and charging. The unit itself feels light and the plastic matte-finished back panel helps with being able to grip the handset properly. It’s not as large as the popular smartphones nowadays, something Xiaomi did on purpose to keep costs low as well as be able to be used by just about anyone regardless of hand size.
The volume rocker and the power button are at the right side of the phone and very much the same as the MyPhone Infinity 1. Since the RedMi 2 is still fresh in my memory, navigating through the initial set-up was nothing new to me and with was a smooth experience.
Be sure to check back in a couple of days for our full review!