Kingston recently announced its new A1000 PCIe NVMe™ SSD. The M.2 drive is Kingston’s first entry-level consumer-grade PCIe NVMe SSD utilizing 3D NAND. A1000 delivers twice the performance of SATA at near SATA pricing.
The single-sided M.2 2280 (22mm x 80mm) form factor makes A1000 ideal for notebooks and systems with limited space. The PCIe NVMe drive features a Gen 3.0 x2 interface, 4-channel Phison 5008 controller, and 3D NAND Flash. It delivers 2x the performance of SATA SSDs with read/write speeds1 up to 1500MB/s and 1000MB/s giving it exceptional responsiveness and ultra-low latency.
As Kingston’s newest SSD for the entry-level PCIe NVMe market, A1000 is designed with 3D NAND Flash memory. It is more reliable and durable than a hard drive, and doubles the performance of a SATA SSD, providing consumers the benefit of PCIe performance at about the same price as SATA. Consumers can replace a hard drive or slower SSD with A1000 and have the storage needed for applications, videos, photos and more.
A1000 is available in 240GB, 480GB and 960GB2 capacities and is backed by a limited five-year warranty, free technical support and legendary Kingston reliability.
For more information visit https://www.kingston.com/.
A1000 Features and Specifications:
- 20X faster than a hard drive: With incredible read/write speeds the A1000 will not only increase performance but can also be used to breathe new life into older systems.
- 2 2280 Form Factor: Multi-purpose SFF connector replaces small mSATA and mini-PCIe slots.
- Single-sided design: Integrates easily into designs with M.2 connectors; ideal for thin and light notebooks and in systems with limited space.
- Multiple capacities: Available in a range of capacities up to 960GB2 to meet your data storage requirements.
- Form Factor:2 2280
- Interface: PCIe NVMe Gen 3.0 x2 Lanes
- Capacities: 240GB, 480GB, 960GB
- Controller: Phison 5008
- NAND: 3D TLC
- Sequential Read/Write:
- 240GB: up to 1,500/800MB/s
- 480GB: up to 1,500/900MB/s
- 960GB: up to 1,500/1,000MB/s
- Random 4K Read/Write:
- 240GB: up to 100,000/80,000MB/s
- 480GB: up to 100,000/90,000MB/s
- 960GB: up to 120,000/100,000MB/s
- Power Consumption: 011748W Idle / 0.075623W Avg / 0.458W (MAX) Read / 0.908W (MAX) Write
- Dimensions: 80mm x 22mm x 3.5mm
- Operating Temperature: 0°C to 70°C
- Storage Temperature: -40°C to 85°C
- 240GB: 6.4g
- 480GB: 7g
- 960GB: 7.6g
- Vibration operating: 17G Peak (7-800Hz)
- Vibration non-operating: 20G Peak (20-2000Hz)
- Life Expectancy: 1 million hours MTBF
- Warranty/support: Limited 5-year warranty with free technical support
- Total Bytes Written (TBW):
- 240GB: 150TB
- 480GB: 300TB
- 960GB: 600TB