Last year, local smart devices maker MyPhone released the Infinity and with it, a new line of smartphones. Now, we have the Infinity 2 Lite at the HQ, which means it’s play time!
The first generation Infinity blew a lot of minds away – both techies and consumers alike, and the phone was open to a lot of possibilities. This time around, I was able to take the Infinity 2 Lite for a spin and I must say, MyPhone has done a pretty good job on improvements to the previous generations without the phone taking a big chunk of your wallet away.
Originally Both Infinity 1 and Infinity Lite 1 had Corning Gorilla Glass on the back part of the phone. MyPhone did away with that design language for the Infinity 2 Lite. This time around, the back panel had a plastic back with a sandstone finish. While that eliminated the problem of smudges and fingerprints, it also reminded me of the One Plus One a little too much. The back panel was rough to the touch but took nothing away from how it looked and felt in the hand. If anything, I felt that the sandstone back panel helped me grip the phone better.
One more thing I totally liked about the device’s aesthetics was a minimalist approach with the phone coming in at only 7.5mm of thickness. One thing I noticed that the rear camera lens protruding from the back, so I suggest for a pouch when stowing the phone while traveling to be sure that lens is free from scratches.
Upon further inspection the phone is neatly done as always – a signature of MyPhone. I really liked how thin and light this phone is. The display is crisp and bright, with everything running smoothly. Everything is self explanatory with the whole package, containing earphones, a USB charging cable, and a wall outlet included upon purchasing.
We are going to take a spin in the next few weeks on how the phone performs and behaves on real world conditions but for now, check out the specs of the MyPhone Infinity 2 Lite:
- Processor: 1.4 GHz MT6592 octa core
- RAM: 2 GB / 1 GB
- ROM: 16 GB / 8 GB expandable via microSD up to 64 GB
- Display: 5 Inches HD IPS 720 x 1280 w/ Gorilla Glass 3 Protection
- GPU: Mali 450
- Front Camera: 5 MP
- Rear Camera: 13 MP f/2.2 Sony IMX 134 w/ LED flash and continuous shots up to 99 images and Blue Glass Filter
- Battery: 2400 mAh non-removable
- Connectivity: 3G, WiFi, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, USB OTG
- SIM: Dual-SIM, Dual-standby (micro)
- OS: Android 4.4 Kitkat
- Sensors: Light Sensor, Assistant Sensor ,Magnetic Sensor,Proximity Sensor, Gravity Sensor,
- Frame: (Alloy) Magnalium (40% lighter and 2x stronger than steel)
- Dimensions: 5 x 72.1 x 7.5 mm
- Weight: 119 g
The device is now available in all MyPhone boutiques, kiosks, and partner retailers nationwide. It retails for P7,399 for the 1GB RAM version, and P8,399 for the 2GB RAM version.