MyPhone has built a community around budget-conscious consumers who have an eye for the latest smartphone technology without breaking the bank. Their My36 is no exception, with great features and looks at a pricepoint that can competes with the other brands.
I’ve had a couple of MyPhones in the past, including the MyPhone Infinity 1 and the MyPhone Infinity 2 Lite. The brand has since moved on from the Infinity naming scheme and opted for a simpler “My” convention. Before we check out what’s in the box, here are the specs of the My36:
- Processor: 1.3GHz MediaTek MT6753 Octa-Core processor
- RAM: 3GB
- ROM: 16 GB expandable via microSD up to 64 GB
- Display: 5.2 Inch Full HD IPS 1920 x 1080 resolution w/ Gorilla Glass 3 protection at 424 ppi
- GPU: Mali T720
- Front Camera: 5 MP with Flash
- Rear Camera: 13 MP Samsung S5K3M2 sensor with Phase Detection Auto Focus and LED flash
- Battery: 2900 mAh Li Polymer
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, 3G, WiFi, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, USB OTG
- SIM: Dual-SIM, Dual-standby (micro)
- OS: Android 5.1 Lolipop
- Sensors: Light Sensor, Assistant Sensor ,Magnetic Sensor, Proximity Sensor, Gravity Sensor.
Out of the box, I can confidently say that the design of the My36 is very much similar to the Infinity 2 Lite. The phone’s thickness comes in at 8.5mm using a digital caliper. It’s almost as thin as the Infinity Lite 2 (7.5mm). The display is lively in terms of color saturation with 422 pixels per inch. Compared to the Infinity Lite 2 this is a major upgrade.
Everything else is self explanatory; the comes with your MY36, earphones, a USB charger and cable. Likewise I bought a case from my favorite Taiwanese Store in Quiapo, Manila.
The back side of the phone reminds me of Samsung phones with the faux-leather thing going on. The Philippine archipelago map printed on the back is a MyPhone staple, and this time it also comes with a re-invented MyPhone logo.
The sides reminded me of an iPhone 6 with its cobalt-space grey-ish color. The screen is reminiscent of Microsoft Lumia phones with the glass edges. Overall, the My36 gives you these little premium touches without the premium price.
MyPhone MY36’s retails for P6999.00 comes with a bundled watch.